Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

Hello - I need to transfer quicken files (Quicken Deluxe 2001)

Hello - I need to transfer quicken files (Quicken Deluxe 2001) from my system 9 mac to a new version on my system 10.7.5 mac. I read that I need to find a slightly newer version of Quicken (2005) and first transfer the old files to that (I'm guessing I will do that on my new computer), then transfer the files to the newest version on my new computer. Is that, in fact, what I need to do, or is there a different/ better way to do it. Where can I get the Quicken 2005 software?
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

This is correct for Windows Quicken, but for Quicken on the Mac, you do not need to do this.

Make a backup of your Quicken data on the old Mac.

Copy the Backup file to the new computer with Quicken 2005 and restore the Backup.

You can then use your data.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK - thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I get a copy of Quicken 2005 for Mac?

It is pretty old, and not sold directly from Quicken, but I located one on Amazon for you here

Click Me

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you