Ask QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR Your Ow...
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR, Management Consultant, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, MBA, PHR
Experience:  QuickBooks Pro, POS Point of Sale, Online & Enterprise Solutions
74417861

Quickbooks Premier Accountant Edition 2010. I need to create

Customer Question

Quickbooks Premier Accountant Edition 2010. I need to create a Profit and Loss report, showing my distributions (money I transferred into my personal account categorized as Equity in QB). The current reports I do, do not show that category in the Expense section. I know it is not technically an expense, but for specific reasons I need to produce a report showing the Distributions along the actual Expenses, as an outflow.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.

Have you tried using the customize button ?

then try to select categories.

I don't know if you are going to be able to make equity show up as an expense in the P and L report. If its not in the list of categories that you can select its because it is the wrong type of category.

You might have to use a different report. There should be a cash flow report that will show the same income and expenses and that would allow you to show the transfers

Expert:  QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR replied 3 years ago.
You can export your Profit & Loss to Excel & move your Equity manually within Excel. You cannot do this within QuickBooks as what you are asking for in your report does not follow correct Accounting protocol & so QuickBooks won't do this.

I hope this resolves your question. You may ask any follow-ups until you are totally satisfied with your answer.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Anna