Ask QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR Your Ow...

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR, Management Consultant, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, MBA, PHR
Experience:  QuickBooks Pro, POS Point of Sale, Online & Enterprise Solutions
74417861

QuickBooks I have a client. Their outstanding balance is correct.

QuickBooks
I have a client. Their outstanding balance is correct. However, their latest invoice indicates that the invoice is paid. How do I fix this?
I would also like to eliminate a client. How do I do this?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR replied 1 year ago.

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Hi, Is it possible you have previously issued a credit, or marked the invoice as paid when you created it?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Why has our chat ended when we haven't even started???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Also, how do I add my address to my invoices?

I'm sorry my pc said you were unavailable for chat. I will stay here to help you.
Unfortunately, my screen just deleted the response I was preparing for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know what to do next...

It will not allow me to return to chat. Please allow me a moment to respond as this system keeps deleting my response if you answer while I am typing... I'm sorry this is a glitch within this system.

You cannot Delete any customers with transactions attached to them, you will have to make them InActive. To do this go to your customer list, Right click on the Customer and select Make Customer Inactive. This will remove them from all active reporting, though if you need to see their information in the future, it will always be there as InActive.

To include your address within your Invoices, you must make sure your address is correctly input into your company file from your setup Interview. To view/Edit your address, go to Company>Company Information and you can make any needed changes there. It should then correctly feed to your invoices. If it does not, then you will need to adjust your template. I am glad to assist you with that item as well, however JustAnswer policy is that I must answer this question first and then ask you to please post another question to address that separately.

Thank you. Please let me know if you require further assistance. It has been my pleasure assisting you and I strive for total customer satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to rate my service so that I may continue providing assistance via JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You have only answered two of my questions. OK, I made one customer inactive, so I "fixed" that problem. My company information has my address but it still does not print on invoices. Finally, I have an invoice that is marked a paid but it really is not. Why?

I will be glad to assist you with your original JustAnswer question. When you go to your customer history, do you see any transactions or payments that do not belong?
When you say your address is not on the invoice, are you trying a print preview, or are you looking at your QB screen? If the Invoice is a QB standard template, it should be pulling this directly from your Company Setup. However, you can only see the address when you print or print preview the Invoice. If you have created a Custom Template, we will need to select Customize (middle, 3rd toolbar in the Invoice screen) On bottom of that Pop-up screen select Basic Customization, Then make sure the box in lower left corner for Company Address is Checked. This should ensure your address feeds to all invoices using this template.

Please let me know if this resolves your Address issue, if not I will be glad to continue troubleshooting with you on your concerns. Thank you! Anna
One more follow-up on your Customer you wanted to Delete (Sorry, I typed this earlier, but I see my response was deleted and did not post to you, so again I apologize for any system glitches we have experienced!) QB will not allow you to delete any customers with any transactions in their history. This is a protection measure because you would not want to delete those transactions. This is why you are only able to make them InActive, so that their transactions remain within your file. If the customer has zero transactional history, you can right click and select delete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I e-mail an invoice to someone as a PDF file, only the Date, Invoice# XXXXX Bill To appear on the invoice. I would like my address to appear in the upper left.

Regarding the invoice marked as paid, the Customers & Jobs section shows an outstanding balance of $318.00, which is the amount of the invoice and is correct. However, when I bring up the invoice, it is marked as paid. How could this be?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, I fixed the address problem. I had to uncheck and then check again. Looks like a QuickBooks glitch.

However, I still cannot fix the paid invoice problem.

When you go to your customer history, do you see any transactions or payments that do not belong? Or, when you open the invoice is there a box selected to mark as paid?

I may need you to send me a few screenshots to help me diagnose this with you. Please send me the screenshots you are seeing so that I may provide better assistance. Thanks!

Anna
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/374314/alan_milano.jpg

I am glad my instructions allowed you to reset your template and correctly display your address on your invoices.

Please allow me a moment to review your screenshot. I will be back with you momentarily. I may ask you for an additional screenshot. Thanks!
Can you please sent me two more screenshots?

1. Please send another screenshot of your Customer History, but please change the date range to All.

2. Please also do a Search for all transactions = $318. And send me the screenshot so we can see if there are any results misapplied to this Customer.

The next step would be to search your deposits to see where a payment may have been misapplied. It may be a few more steps, but we should be able to find it and correct it. Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please walk me through these steps...

On the first screenshot you sent me with your Customer Name selected within your Customer Center. In the middle of the right side of your screen, there is a date field. Change the date range for All, or back as far as you have transactions (QB is notorious for changing dates on transactions, so sometimes we have to look further back than we expect to.) Make sure each of the dropdowns are selected upon all dates, transactions...

For the second screenshot, go to your toolbar and select Edit, from the dropdown select Find, Select the Advanced Tab, = 318.00

Alternatively, you could select Record Deposits & see if you have a pending payment from this customer someone mistakenly entered. Or, another option is we can Print this Invoice, Delete this Invoice, Return to the Deposit Accounts Receivable Journal & see how it was affected. Create a new Invoice and see how this flows.

I will await your screenshots to continue troubleshooting with you until you have total customer satisfaction with my resolutions to you JustAnswer questions. Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.

I see you have a Duplicate Payment of $415.4*on 07/08/2013. This is why your Invoice is showing as paid. You have a credit on their account that is being reflected on the Invoice Balance. We will need to delete that extra payment.

Experience: QuickBooks Pro, POS Point of Sale, Online & Enterprise Solutions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The two payments of $415.40 are correct. One is cash and one is bartered. However, I had the wrong item checked on one of the invoices. This is what was causing the problem. Everything is fixed now. Thank you for your help.

I am so glad we could successfully resolve all of your concerns! Thank you for the Positive Rating. Please come back to me with any future QuickBooks needs.

http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-FoxBizSolutions/

It has been a pleasure assisting you!

And thanks for using JustAnswer. Anna

Thank you for allowing me to assist you on JustAnswer! I hope I have provided you with 100% customer satisfaction by answering your post.

Thank you for taking the time to rate my service as Excellent or Good so that I may continue to provide services via JustAnswer. If you have not already done so, please take the time to complete your survey now.

Please contact me in the future if at any time I can be of further assistance in providing service to you. http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-FoxBizSolutions/

Thank you!
Anna M. Fox, PHR MBA
QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
Fox HR Solutions