Ask QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR Your Ow...

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR, Management Consultant, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, MBA, PHR
Experience:  QuickBooks Pro, POS Point of Sale, Online & Enterprise Solutions
74417861

Why is it that I cannot forward my financial information to

Customer Question

Why is it that I cannot forward my financial information to my accountant? I have emailed it to him oncve and it has never been able to reach him again. He just receives a shortcut. If I cannot send him information it is not of any benefit to me.
Bernadette B
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  jgordosea replied 1 year ago.

Greetings,

We will need specific information on the software and version that you are trying to send to the accountant.

For example, QuickBooks Premium 2012 or QuickBooks Basic Online, etc.

Also please specify if it is other than US, such as Canada.

Please let us know what software and version from which you would like to send information so that we can give help specific to your software.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Quickbooks EasyStart 2007/08. Cannot see any reference to other countries other than Australia on the box.

Expert:  jgordosea replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I will opt out for another expert that can help with that product.
Expert:  QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR replied 1 year ago.

Without more specific information on how you are trying to send your info to your accountant, my expectation is that your problem is possibly being caused by the version of software you are using. QuickBooks EasyStart 2008 is no longer a supported version of QuickBooks. QuickBooks retires versions of software annually and no longer supports software beyond its first 2 years (They will be retiring 2011 soon). Once a software version is retired, many of its functions are disabled. However, you should absolutely still be able to create a backup. Most QuickBooks files are too large to send via email attachments and usually have to transferred to your Accountant via QB's online service or a USB flash drive. I hope this helps.

If you can give me more specifics on the steps you are following and the messages you are seeing, I will be glad to provide you with more assistance.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I strive for 100% satisfaction and hope that you can rate my service as excellence so that I may continue providing services on Just Answer.

Fox HR Solutions
QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So i have to replace my program every two years? I have tried saving this to a flash drive many times and only get gobbly gook when I try to reopen or the accountant tries to reopen. I guess this product is not for me.

I am sorry you are having these difficulties with QB EasyStart. I am not sure which messages you are receiving, but yes this software is retired after 2-3 years and QB no longer offers software support, nor updates to fix issues.

One other solution that may correct this issue is to reinstall your version of QB EasyStart, you will not be able to update the software, but if your software has somehow become corrupted, it will allow you to replace it with the original version. This may allow you to go back to working as you had in the past. Also if given the option during install, tell it you do not wish to go online & download updates, etc. (this won't work, but it will try for awhile & possibly frustrate you while waiting for it to try). The basic un-updated version may get you back to where you were before.

Again, I am sorry if I was unable to provide you with a desirable solution for this version of software, but I do hope you can rate my customer service as Good or Excellent so that I may continue providing services via JustAnswer. Thank you for taking your time to rate me.

Anna M. Fox PHR MBA
QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
Fox HR Solutions