Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

I purchased an upgrade to my Quicken Home & Business 2013 on

Customer Question

I purchased an upgrade to my Quicken Home & Business 2013 on 3/22/2013. I have not been able to use my upgrade.

My Confirmation QSTW05730201455

I am unable to download.

I have a 62 bit computer with Windows 7
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

What is the error you get when you try to download please?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

"Version of this file is not compatible with version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need anx86 (32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher."

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

Are you downloading the 64bit version Gilbert?

As if you have a 64bit version of windows, you need to.

It will say it on the downloads (2 versions a 32bit and 64bit)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wasn't given the option. It just presented me with a download..

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Where exactly did you purchase it from?

And where are you downloading it from Gilbert?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Online upgrade from Quicken. I have an older version since 2010.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Again I have gone to My Quicken account.

Downloads and it is download now, should take another 10 minutes. No options were presented after asked to "Run".

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You said Online upgrade from Quicken, not from your account Gilbert.

In your downloads there are two versions, a 32 bit and 64 bit, you need to download the 64 bit version.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I have gone to my Downloads. I find Quicken_Home_Business_2013.

I get a message "In order to continue with installation of Quicken you need to manually uninstall the version that is installed..

To remove the existing version of Quicken, use Add/Remove Program on the Control Panel"

I go to the Control Panel and I do not find Quicken 2010. I find Quick Connect, Quicktime, Intuit site Builder but no Quicken.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, this is a different message to the original one you posted regarding compatability.

Can you go to my link below and download revo uninstaller please.

www.revouninstaller

This is a program that will find any traces of an installed program and allow you to remove it.

run the program and look in it for any reference to Quicken and remove this.

Once done, restart the computer and then try to perform the installation,

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do I have to pay for this too?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, it is a 30 day free trial, you only need it today, so will not need to pay anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see a lot of x86 files do I remove those. Will I list by previous work on Quicken 2010?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I did not understand this

"Will I list by previous work on Quicken 2010?"

Can you clarify please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are about 100 file under C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Quicken\ (from alert.dll-1 to xsell.dll-1)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Have Revo remove them please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

O.K. I will and then I will restart. Will be in contact by e-mail.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Gilbert.

Restart, attempt the installation and Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No luck. I am tired and frustrated and disappointed. I do not believe T should be charged to install a product. I have been at it since March. I do not have time to sit a the computer for 4-6 hrs struggling witht his product.

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What error are you now receiving Gilbert?