Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

Using QuickBooks Premier Retail edition 2013. I want a business

Customer Question

Using QuickBooks Premier Retail edition 2013. I want a business report that can tell me in a date range how many of an item I started with, how many I bought, how many I sold, how many I have on hand and optionally how many remain on order with the vendor and how many are committed to sales not yet tendered. I would like this report to include my item name number, description, MPN and Vendor. Can this be done?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Not within Quickbooks it can as the reporting is quite limited, but you can export the data to Excel within Quickbooks, and then sort it to gain this information.

To find this information, you would need to manually sort it regarding your criteria, or a complex Macro would need to be developed in order to automatically find the information.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do appreciate your answer but all it did was confirm what the support person from QB told me. No solution was provided. I hope I am not going to be charged for this.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim,

The solution is to use Excel to sort your data. This I explained in my answer.

Do you have Excel installed?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Jim,

Can you please explain what more you want to know.

Yes, I gave you the same answer as Quicken, as it is the correct Answer.

I am not clear on what more you want to know....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

First of all I cannot blame you for the lack of this feature in Quickbooks. I think it is a miserable product for a business manager or owner. I have a retail edition and it is so lacking features a retailer would need it's ridiculous. Where I think you fell short is you simply stated that the function was not within Quickbooks and exporting to Excel was my only option. IMO you could have at least offered up this, go to Reports Inventory Status and export a report to Excel. Go to Reports Sales by item detail and export to Excel. Now you have the data you require. Then you have the task of pulling it all together. That's where I'm at and I got that from Quickbooks support. It is at this point I would have the horrible task of meshing two reports into one. Perhaps achievable by writing macros but more likely just plowing through it.

I can not imagine that someone out there hasn't overcome this problem as this is such a basic report a retailer needs. My next step is to find a front end module that can handle the point of sale and inventory management of my business and just exports journal entries to QB. Until then, unless I get a better answer to my original question, I am no better off than when I first submitted my request to justanswers.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Jim,

I was waiting on a workable response from you.

Whether you wanted to use Excel and what steps where needed if you did. Some people just never respond when finding out they cannot.

Most people ask how, rather then a message back saying this is no solution.

I cannot account for every response someone wants, on the first message, it requires some communication.

regardless, I will leave with the poor rating.

I hope you can appreciate this.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Just replying as I need to in response to a bad rating.

If you need anything further, please let me know.