Marco
Marco, IT Consultant
Experience:  10+ years of experience as an IT Consultant.
72952988

I have Microsoft Money 2003, as of two days ago I am unable

Customer Question

I have Microsoft Money 2003, as of two days ago I am unable to get online stock quotes. When updates are attempted the process cycles as normal creates updates the only problem is the updated prices are a week or so old. This is the first time I have ever had a problem. It seems to me the problem is with MSN which provides the updates.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Marco replied 3 years ago.

businesslegions :

Hi there,

businesslegions :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you with this issue.

businesslegions :

PLEASE NOTE: If this chat is idle for 5 minutes (no messages received by either party) it times out. If you do login to this chat and it appears I'm offline, please leave me a message here and I'll connect as soon as I can.

businesslegions :

Have you tried to perform a system restore to an earlier date?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I have not tried a system restore and do not plan to.

Expert:  Marco replied 3 years ago.
Hi Doug,

Is there any particular reason why you don't want to perform the restore to two days earlier. You will not lose data because of that.

Can you manually go to the msn money website and see if you can actually see the latest stock quotes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Microsoft Money 2003 is financial management software contained on my desk top. It interfaces with MSN to update financial data. It appears to me the problem I am having realates to that interface which is working fine except the stock quote data provided is out of date. I have been using this program for ten years plus without any issues until July 14.

I see no reason to execute a system restore.

Doug

Expert:  Marco replied 3 years ago.
Hi Doug,

If you go to Money Porfolio Manager. Click on Update prices under common tasks does this work.

Also try testing by going to tools - program settings - update currencies
Do the currencies get updated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I go to Money Porfolio Manager. Click on Update prices under common tasks The stock prices are updated with an entry for the current date. The problem is that the updated stock unit price is not the current price but a price from the past. The update summary indicates "Your call was successful" with the current date and time.

Expert:  Marco replied 3 years ago.
Are you able to install the software on another computer and test?

This will determine whether the issue is with that particular computer and maybe there is a corruption with the file.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MS Money 2003 is installed on my laptop and is perfoming the same way with the same problem.

Expert:  Marco replied 3 years ago.
It's possible Microsoft has removed the ability to perform the updates as MS Money 2003 is no longer supported.

The only last check is to use another internet connection, eg using mobile phone hotspot or friends internet connection.

This will isolate whether its a problem with your local connection or not. If it's not, then my first point will be correct.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have contacted MSN and they have determined there is a problem within MSN on providing the quote data. They working to solve the problem. Thanks for trying but as I said the problem is with MSN as I suspected.

Doug

Expert:  Marco replied 3 years ago.
ok no problems.

So it's now just a matter of waiting for MSN to fix the issue and then test.

Is there anything else you would like me to do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Expert:  Marco replied 3 years ago.
So would you like to close this question or wait for a response from MSN before closing?