Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Ive had different e-mail addresses and passwords. I need

Customer Question

I've had different e-mail addresses and passwords. I need a copy of my 2011 taxes, but I can't get into turbo tax. I saved 2008, 2009,2010 on my computer, but I need 2011. How can I get in. My friends name is XXXXX XXXXX they wont accept that as the secret code

Please Help - I can't wait 30-60 days for the IRS
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

robert :

You filed the turbo tax using turbo tax online edition ?

Customer :

yes

robert :

and you cant sign in to turbo tax at all ?

Customer :

Yes, I'm working on my 2012 taxes, but I needed to start a new account since I couldn't get into last years taxes - so I can't get previous years

robert :

your id should be the email address that you used when you paid for it

robert :

thats probably going to make it a little harder than if you had worked on getting into it in the first place.

Customer :

Yes, but the e mail address I used for 2011 wasXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, but now turbo doesn't show this e-mail address at all as an ID. Yes - I know what you saying boohoo

robert :

go to this link and check the box for lost password XXXXX put in the email address that you used when you did the 2011 taxes. they should send the password XXXXX your email

Customer :

I'll try that - will you wait

robert :

did you pay for it ?

robert :

sure

Customer :

I put in my account numbers but didn't pay - said until I was satisfied

robert :

so you never filed the 2011 with them or finished paying for it ?

robert :

that may be the problem they only keep those things around for so long

Customer :

Oh yes - I thought you meant did I pay you..Yes I filed and paid what was due

robert :

oh ok than it should still be there

robert :

They keep them for years once you have paid for it and filed online with them

Customer :

It says

• We are unable to identify the user ID and/or password XXXXX entered. Please try again.

robert :

i just tried it and it does request a secret question BUT it will also accept your social security number instead if you look to the right hand side. Its either one you dont have to do both

Customer :

and I did try this several times.

robert :

is it possible that you used a different email address than you thought you did ?

Customer :

I

robert :

you can also try that link but put in cant remember id either and see what that does

Customer :

Help Us Find the Right Account

We found more than one account that matches the information you gave us. To ensure your security, we need you to provide the user ID. You are free to try more than once.

User ID

(If you are unable to find your ID, please create a new account.)

robert :

yeah you probably screwed yourself up by creating the new id instead of getting the first one back

Customer :

this is the response I got. and I did try

robert :

on the forgot id did you put in more than 1 email address ? try doing it with 1 email address at a time

robert :

you may have to speak with a live person over there

robert :

try calling this number

888-777-3066

Customer :

I signed on with the ID I used 2011 and nothing worked. Then I put id for e-mail account I've ony had a few months and I got into my 2012 return, but it says there is no other returns on file

robert :

or you can try this link and put in the information and hit live chat or the option for phone https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/

Customer :

i

Customer :

Trying now

robert :

give me a minute its also possible to get a transcript of your return from the irs and it is free and only takes 5 to 10 days as apposed to an official copy which cost 60 bucks and takes a lot longer

Customer :

On the phone now -

robert :

ok you can also call the irs at(NNN) NNN-NNNN and request a transcript. that will have all of the important details that you would need for this year but its not an "official copy of the return"

robert :

i have to run out for about 10 minutes i will leave the chat open if you can wait you may be on hold that long anyway

robert :

i am back

robert :

sorry but if you are answering me ( and it says you are typing and has for 10 minutes ) than the website is having a glitch. I am going to switch this to Q and A mode and you can get back to me that way the site will email you with a link to go to to post an answer where you can see our entire conversation till now or clicik http://www.justanswer.com/computer/7v27m-i-ve-different-e-mail-addresses-passwords-need.html

Customer :

that one is only a transcript - not full taxes

Customer :

I just talked to quicken with the number you gave me. You were excellent with your assistance, but quicken maybe has helped me - won't know for 2-3 days.

Customer :

I nt to talk to

Customer :

I want to talk about the rating, e-mail me and I'll respond. He actually gave excellent service,,

Robert M., Consultant
Experience: 30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
ACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:25 PM
yes
robert says:
6:26 PM
Customer says:
6:27 PM
robert says:
6:27 PM
6:28 PM
Customer says:
6:28 PM
robert says:
6:28 PM
Customer says:
6:29 PM
I'll try that - will you wait
robert says:
6:29 PM
did you pay for it ?
6:29 PM
sure
6:29 PM
https://turbotax.intuit.com/login/forgot-info/
Customer says:
6:29 PM
robert says:
6:30 PM
6:30 PM
Customer says:
6:31 PM
robert says:
6:31 PM
oh ok than it should still be there
6:31 PM
Customer says:
6:32 PM
It says
We are unable to identify the user ID and/or password XXXXX entered. Please try again.
robert says:
6:33 PM
Customer says:
6:34 PM
and I did try this several times.
robert says:
6:34 PM
Customer says:
6:34 PM
I
robert says:
6:34 PM
Customer says:
6:37 PM
Help Us Find the Right Account
User ID
robert says:
6:38 PM
Customer says:
6:41 PM
robert says:
6:41 PM
6:41 PM
6:41 PM
try calling this number (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Customer says:
6:42 PM
robert says:
6:42 PM
Customer says:
6:43 PM
i
6:43 PM
Trying now
robert says:
6:46 PM
Customer says:
6:46 PM
On the phone now -
robert says:
6:47 PM
6:49 PM
7:00 PM
i am back
7:06 PM
Styles
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
It shows you requested me but you did not type anything in that I can respond to. I will be off for dinner for an hour maybe but I will be back to respond when you post
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did not rate you excellent since I had already tried all the things you suggested. I had turbo tax phone number myself which i was going to try next but I thought you would be quicker.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
I think that you did give me a good rating and I am happy with that. I probably would have been quicker for most things and can give you more options but for some things like this one where turbo tax has their own files messed up I have no access to those files and you have to go through them directly.