Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I am having trouble again sending email invoices with my invoice

Customer Question

I am having trouble again sending email invoices with my invoice and estimate deluxe. can you help me
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

RobMark :

hi there my name is rob and i will try to help you

Customer :

my name is sue can we do this on the phone as I have my problem on my lap top in another room?

Customer :

are you there?

Customer :

hello

RobMark :

no i really am not allowed that option when i work here

Customer :

ok can you answer what the problem might be.

RobMark :

what operating system are you using

Customer :

windows vista

RobMark :

and what email are you using ? Usually they want to use something like outlook to send the actual emails

Customer :

i don't have outlook I don't think I have been through this before.

RobMark :

but it looks like it can also use its own program called myinvoice

RobMark :

how long ago was it working ?

RobMark :

or did it never work

Customer :

yes it worked. I have my invoices and estimates deluxe 10.0 I haven't used it in several months.

RobMark :

ok what email address are you using to send them from

Customer :

I called support which I thought I was doing now. He set up the incoming and outgoing mail. I am using att mail

RobMark :

so he set it up but didnt stick around long enough to see if it actually worked ?

RobMark :

how do you send and receive the mail on that account outside of the program. Is that working ?

Customer :

that was a long time ago and it did work when I got finished talking to him. I am not savy on computers. or the language. sorry.

RobMark :

oh ok somehow i thought you meant he had set it up today my bad

Customer :

I guess I don't know what your asking for.

RobMark :

well you are probably using an email account for your normal email that you read and reply to. The easiest thing is to use that same email address and settings for the invoices when you want to read your email what program do you use ?

Customer :

i think he set up the smtp mail server: smtp port. pop 3 that kind of stuff.

Customer :

yahoo

Customer :

is that what your asking.

RobMark :

yes i figured that but you have to know those settings and you need an account and password for the account and that is specific to you and your account and you need to know that

RobMark :

oh ok yahoo i can deal with

RobMark :

its an att account through yahoo ? what is the part of the email address after the @

Customer :

I have an account and password with yahoo and att.net

Customer :

yes it is att through yahoo. bellsouth.net

RobMark :

OK lets try going through the bellsouth server first

Customer :

ok

RobMark :

To set your email preferences, click the Email button on the toolbar and choose Bulk Email > Preferences.

1. In the Email Preferences dialog box, type your name or your company’s name in the From Name box.

2. Type your email address in the From Email Address box. When the recipient opens the email message, the From Name and the From Email Address appear at the top of the email message.

3. Type an email address where you want to send copies of any email message you send through MyInvoices.

4. Type your outgoing mail server in the SMTP Mail Server box = outbound.att.net

5. The following optional information might need to be provided or edited, depending on the requirements of your email service provider.

• The POP3 Mail Server for incoming messages For most providers, you should leave POP3 Mail Server blank. or it is inbound.att.net

• The SMTP Port is 465
• The email server Domain Name is bellsouth.net

• The User ID and Password that you use to log into your email server Contact your email service provider or your company’s system administrator for the email server information. To test your email settings, click the Test button. (See Testing Your Email Settings.)

6. Click OK.

RobMark :

the pop3 port if you want to use the pop3 is 995

RobMark :

but i suggest just leaving the pop3 or incoming section blank unless you want to receive emails on the program

RobMark :

let me know if that is working please

Customer :

it isn't working yet thank you for your patience

Customer :

i just brought up the preferences again and it went back to what it had previously.

RobMark :

ok did you get those settings in ? what message did you get back when you tried

RobMark :

what did it have before ?

Customer :

mail.bellsouth.net smtp port 25 pop 3 blank pop 3 port 110 domain name bellsouth.net

RobMark :

ok that should be good but try switching the smtp port to 995 and if there is a box for it set ssl to ON

Customer :

your back

RobMark :

yes i am here

Customer :

it is saying no login method could be found to connect to your outgoing smtp server. please check all your settings, consult your service provider and or try again dails details is : connot connect to the email server.

RobMark :

Have you got a firewall running ? disable that if you do

Customer :

ok off

RobMark :

ok try the program again

Customer :

tried same thing. something isn't being put in there right. ingoing or outgoing or what ever. I have to get some work done. thanks for your help.

RobMark :

ok first you can try both the bellsouth server name and the att server name i gave you and you can try both ports 25 and 465 and you can try setting the "start ssl" to on and to off. usually it should be on for 465 and off for 25 but sometimes not att also tends to have problems with their servers almost dayly. they have about 6 of them and any one of them can be counted on to not be working for at least a day in any given week

RobMark :

but you can also try doing a system restore. It wont affect your data but it will affect any software installs etc that you did in between today and when you reset it to. It may not have a restore point far enough back to make it work but it might you have to look

RobMark :

system restore instructions XP VISTA

start menu /all programs / accesories / system tools / system restore

select restore to an earlier date.

choose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settngs box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.

System restore instructions - windows 7

type system restore in the white search box on the windows start menu and select system restore from the results

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Well those are the settings that are supposed to be in there. So if they are not working either att changed something or you dont know your password or there is something running on the pc that is blocking it. You seemed to be having some problems getting the program to accept new settings.

If you want me to continue helping you please let me know and i will be happy to do so when you have time. But i think poor service is not really a fair rating just because you dont have the time to keep working on it. Ideally i would love to be able to be at your house to fix it. Or just say push the blue button and it will work. But i cant do that. I left you with a few instructions that you can try at your leisure, until you do so i dont think its fair to rate my service that way.

thank you

RobMark : but you can also try doing a system restore. It wont affect your data but it will affect any software installs etc that you did in between today and when you reset it to. It may not have a restore point far enough back to make it work but it might you have to look
RobMark : system restore instructions XP VISTA

select restore to an earlier date.
hit ok / restore
the computer will start to shut down
System restore instructions - windows 7

select restore to an earlier date.
hit ok / restore
the computer will start to shut down