Freddy M.
Freddy M., PC Technician
Experience:  Have been working on quicken problems on call for years.

I had a quicken 6 was happy with it...until it got erased. Which

I had a quicken 6 was happy with it...until
it got erased.
Which one should I buy???
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What features specifically do you need?
What version of windows or mac is on your computer?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Microsoft windows 7

simple accounting like quicken 6 had

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Is it only going to be used for your own personal accounting and not a business?
Do you want it to link directly to your bank accounts to check the balances?
Is it ok if it is based online?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes only for personal use...to check bank accounts

to see monthly, yearly reports

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok well the first thing I would suggest is Mint: Click Here It does everything you mentioned and can even keep track of personal budgets for you. For example if you went to a restaurant it would count it under "dining" and can alert you if you go over your monthly budget for that expense. It is also free and made by Intuit. So rather than buying a new copy of Quicken I would test out that site first and see if it will work for you.

If it will not quicken starter edition would most likely be best for you and normally costs around $40. You can get a copy of that from here: Click Here I highly recommend trying out Mint first though as it can do just about all the same things. If this did not work, please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if,,,,or when I take starter edition will it take over , incorporate the data of

cashmanager that I have in it???

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Unfortunately 6 and the newer editions use a completely different architecture so it will not do that. You would have to enter them in again. It does work for some versions but yours was originally made for windows 95 so I do not believe it will for that.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It may not be the solutions I wanted

just the same....thank you and bye

rv

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Your welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., PC Technician
Experience: Have been working on quicken problems on call for years.