Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Tech
Experience:  Having Quicken/Quickbooks Install Problems? Can't Print? Need help backing up the books? I am here to help you.
62669195

I cant get into Turbo Tax 2011. I have the printed copy but

I can't get into Turbo Tax 2011. I have the printed copy but I wanted to re-enter the info for my own benefit. LETTER FROM IRS says it is incorrect and I owe $$. I also can't find my 2011 disk - found the case but disk was gone. It still shows on my computer, but will not open.''HELP
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

Do you still have the Turbo Tax icon on the computer? Do you mind if I remotely share your screen to take a look at what's going on?

If that's okay:

https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true

Click the above link, A download should begin. If it asks at the bottom if you want to run or save choose Run

This will open the Join.me Application. When it open a 9 digit number will be at the top (should look similar to this format(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Reply to me with the 9 digit number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

XXX-XXX-XXXX
have you found out anything or am I too impatient?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Oh sorry Frances, I have not connected yet. Can you resend the 9 digit number but add spaces after each block of 3 numbers? Our system automatically blocks out what it assumes is a phone number. The reply I have from you says XXX-XXX-XXX instead of the numbers

Thank you so much for your patiences Frances! :)

Jeremy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

493 433 5466

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Connecting now :)
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Frances Can you verify the numbers again? It shows invalid. I have(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

493 433 5466

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Strange same error. Try this for me Frances. Exit Join.me with the X. Re-open Join.me from the desktop icon. It should make a new 9 digit number. Try sending the new one.

I think the old one timed out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

493 433 5466
I'm totally lost - is there a puone number where I can call in my question?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I can still help you, I am unsure why it is not a valid number. It should only be a 9 digit number. We unfortunately do not offer phone service at the moment.

Does the Turbotax icon still appear on the computer for? What file are you opening that does nothing? What does it say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Went to prograns on my computer - found 2010,2011,2012 -clicked on 2011 - got

error code 1334.

Intuit Tax Installers Setup.MsiHelper Reinstall using

product code MsiPro---- sounds like greek to me.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Ah Frances I have seen that exact error before with Turbo Tax. Most of the times is means a file in the 2011 program (not your tax return) has become corrupt.

However there are a few things we can try

First. Try Right Clicking the Turbotax icon and choose Run as administrator

If that does not work, the only other thing that may work would be a repair install. It may or may not require the TurboTax CD. If it does no worries. I did manage to track one down that is very cheap and it will fix the issue.

To do that

Hold the Windows Key (looks like a flag on your keyboard) and press r

In the run box that appears type in appwiz.cpl then push enter

Click TurboTax 2011
in this list then click Change

Try the Repair option

If is still does not open I recommend getting the 2011 copy. I found it for 11.00 with free shipping on this page

http://www.incometaxdepot.com/product/turbotax-2011-basic-federal-e-file

This CD will repair the corrupt files and allow you to open the 2011 return.

It's ashame that Intuit does not allow you to open a 2011 Tax Return in TurboTax 2012. That would make things a lot easier.

If you get the CD and need any help please reply here anytime and i'll be here to help you in any way I can Frances.

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated) Laughing

Also if you need any computer help in the future, you can return to this chat anytime day or night (I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week)

Thanks again for all you patience

Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Tech
Experience: Having Quicken/Quickbooks Install Problems? Can't Print? Need help backing up the books? I am here to help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is bASIC - I need deluxe

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Okay no problem, give me 2 seconds Frances :) Did that repair install help? Or did it want the CD?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I managed to find the Deluxe for $15.88. When it arrives please let me know if I can help you in any way at all. I am online all the time, most likely when you reply I'll be able to send you help/advice within a few minutes (usually from 9am est until 11pm est) 7 days a week.

http://golo.co/TurboTax-Deluxe-Federal-E-file-2011-Old-Version.html

Also you can reply to me any time you have any computer issues, not just software related (I've been a computer tech for 15 years now)

Thank you so much Frances Laughing It should let you rate my help below using the smiley faces.