Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

Hello: I used Money Counts (for Windows) from 1990 through

I used Money Counts (for Windows) from 1990 through 1999 and have copies of each year's financial data on a flash drive. I have been using Quicken since 2000. Is there any way to convert the Money Counts data to a Quicken format? If that is not possible, is there any way to access that info and PRINT out the data for (possible) re-entering into Quicken? I know that would be a gargantuan task, but there is some important information that I need to access. Thanks.

most financial software of that type will export a qif file

it is usually under the file or tools menu and then export

if you can export the qif file than quicken can import the qif file under file / import / qif

that assumes that you have the money counts program and can get it running. If all you have is the data file from it I don't think there is going to be any easy way to do it

what files do you have and what is the extension of the file name ( the part after the period) there might be something that can read the file some type of 3rd party viewer program that would allow you to read and print it. I don't know that there is but if I have the extension I can check for one

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am looking at the files and the extension seems to be .DAT. Not sure whether they can be converted. I no longer have any of the software. Do you know where one might purchase some (older) version of Money Counts that may assist with my opening (and saving in another useful format) the files?

can you give me more information about the program. are you sure that it was not ms money ? that I can get you. but a fast search of the web did not show anything for money counts. Admittedly its a popular sort of name that a lot of companies use in advertising so it might be there way down in the listing somewhere. But if you know the publisher or some such it would be a lot easier.

dat is more likely to be part of the program files than the data but something that old it might be data

found it

try this link

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The program was Money Counts from Parsons Technology. I will try the link now.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Rob. I will keep checking that link for a 'cure'. You have been helpful. This ends our Q & A session . I will indicate my satisfaction above...with the smiley that you are credited with the response. Thanks.