Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

How do you delete a duplicate entry off the check register

Customer Question

How do you delete a duplicate entry off the check register?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

RobMark :

what program are you using ?

RobMark :

quicken you should just be able to select the line and then hit ctrl D or right click and select delete

RobMark :

If you are using quickbooks it might have problems if the entry is tied to an invoice

RobMark :

the other thing that you can do in either of them is right click the entry and select match. That should allow you to match it with the other entry and combine them. This is often necessary when you enter a check manually and then download the same check that the program can not match automatically

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
what program are you using ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Our company just installed Quickbooks on our Mac

I downloaded information from our bank.

I was in the process of matching items that would then go

to the check register. In the process there were duplicate entries

because I must have force-posted somewhere (maybe using

the "add one" selection when I didn't know it (??) - not really sure how the duplicates showed

up. The first transaction date that I'm verifying has several duplicates

(by duplicates I mean it posted on the check register 2 additional times other than the original). I think it is the entry in the register with the check mark that I don't want to delete but when I right click the other duplicate entries there isn't a delete option...and it won't let me hi-lite the entire entry to choose what to do (??)

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
ok if you are still in the download process you may not be able to delete it. You might want to check with the bank to make sure it was not actually counted twice at the bank.

You wont be able to delete it from the list to download. You might be able to mark it to not download. But either way you should go through with the download and then delete it from the register itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your time, I'll take it from here.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

If I was of help I would greatly appreciate if you gave me a good or excellent rating. If you don't rate me the site will keep your money but I will not get paid.

thank you.