Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

moved my quicken files to a new computer -my bank file was

moved my quicken files to a new computer -my bank file was partially duplicated -need help in deleting the duplicate account -thanks
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

To confirm, you need instructions on how to delete a transactions in an account? or an entire account?

And which version of quicken is this please?

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

waiting for your reply -I apparently signed-up for two(2) accounts by mistake- Canyou please cancel one of them for me? Thank you

I replied 6 minutes after your question

I'll repeat it

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have Quicken 2012 - I assume you received the earlier. response Isent you with the printout of the Quicken file I am trying to eliminate?

yes I did

you want to delete the Chase Account?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I do not want to delete the CHASE BANK account -only thing I want to delete is those 30/40 transactions listed on the screen shot that I sent to you

Thanks

To do this, From the account register, click any place in the transaction that you want to Delete. You can use CRTL + click to select several transactions at once.

Click Edit and choose Delete.

Click Enter.

This deletes the transaction.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard -I know this is a little late -but I now see what has happened more clearly -In the last month (May and June) when I downloaded transactions from my Chase Bank account the transactions appeared in the Chase Bank register as they should, but also appeared in another register (unnamed) which I sent you a copy of earlier. I tried to delete one Transaction from this rogue register but it also deleted this transaction from my Chase Bank register. I hope you have a solution to this issue? Thank You

Thanks

Can you do the following please

Click on File on the top menu bar, then select File Operations > Validate & Repair.

If you are currently in the data file you would like to validate, it will already be selected. If you want to validate a different file, then you will need to click Browse to locate that data file.
Put a check next to Validate file.
Click OK.

Once done, restart and tell me if you can then delete just the rouge accounts transaction please.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richie -I tried to delete one transaction. -I deleted the transacyion from the "rogye" register- but I also deleted it from my Chase Bank register. let me know what to try next. Thank you

It is the same account, it is just duplicated.

You are going to need to delete them and re-enter them only within Chase.

Or remove this rogye account from Quicken.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I delete the transactions from the rogue account , they also get deleted from the Chase Bank account register -apparently Ido not now how to delete the rogue account. It also tells me I do not have my Chase Bank account set-up properly -I continue to get the message "EWC-DC mis match " -I do not know what this message means?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To Richieme on 6/23/2013-- I deleted the transactions in the rogue register and am reentering them in my regular Chase Bank register. - I am now trying to delete the "rogue register" but I am unable to do so - I am hoping you will be able to tell me how to do this? Thank you.