SuperiorTutor, Graduate of Finance and Accounting
Experience:  Graduate of Finance and Accounting

I have a registered copy of Quicken2012 - I would like to import

Customer Question

I have a registered copy of Quicken2012 - I would like to import about 20 years of
excel speadsheets into quicken ... can this be done
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  SuperiorTutor replied 3 years ago.

Finance Wiz :

The following are the official steps to import data from excel to quicken. However, if you still face any issues let me know and I will be glad to help. Thanks.

You can use the Import feature in Quicken Home Inventory to move your data from Microsoft® Excel (or any other program) if the file is in a Comma-separated or Tab-separated format. In Excel, these formats are referred to as comma-delimited and tab-delimited.

To import your data:

1. From the Quicken Property & Debt menu, choose Quicken Home Inventory.
  2. From the File menu of the Quicken Home Inventorywindow, choose Import, and then choose Comma-separated or Tab-separated.
  3. In the Open window, select the spreadsheet or list you want to import, and then click the Open button.
  4. In the Import window, match the column names from your spreadsheet to the field names in Quicken Home Inventory.

Source :