Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

The balance on my accounts is not showing up and the dates

Customer Question

The balance on my accounts is not showing up and the dates are not alining themselves in sequential order.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Which software program and version is this please?

And when did this problem start?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Running on Mac

Quicken Essentials - Version 1.7.2

started about a week ago

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tracy

Can you check you have no Filters enabled? Can you remove any you have added (check if you did my accident please)

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sure what you mean by "filters" but if it is that the balance option is enabled, it is.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You can add Filters to the Register.

Do you see the reset filters button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't see that button - where do I find that?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You are in your checking account correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes- ok - have tried and nothing

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Press it a few times, then restart Quicken

Then check please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still nothing - no balance or order to the dates

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please then do the following Tracy

Click on File on the top menu bar, then select File Operations > Validate & Repair.

If you are currently in the data file you would like to validate, it will already be selected. If you want to validate a different file, then you will need to click Browse to locate that data file.
Put a check next to Validate file.

Put a check next to Rebuild investing lots and Delete investing price history.
Click OK.

Let it run, then when it has finished, restart the computer and tell me please if it is still missing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have a "file operations" option when I open "file"

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Check for Utilities please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no utilities either

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I advise to restore a recent backup to remove the corruption that has occurred.

Restore the latest version and let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do I do that? I have been trying to do that for the last couple of days with not much success

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing that you advised has worked. I am unsure as to how the payment works on this website, but I feel that since my problem is still unresolved, I should not have to pay. Can you advise?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the delay Tracy

You go to File, Utilities, Restore and restore your last backup file.

It is the opposite process to how you make the backup.s