Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

re: Quicken I save a backup Quicken file in Drop Box every

re: Quicken
I save a backup Quicken file in Drop Box every time I use it. One day 1 I backed up my Quicken data file (QDF.) Stupidly, on day 2 I used another laptop which was not backed up to day 1, but to an earlier backup.

Thus I used one computer's Quicken that wasn't the most current backup. I changed some category assignments & possibly a few transactions. When I saved it, the file was created as Current (JMD's conflicted copy of 5-20-13)

My question: is there a way of COMPARING 2 quicken data files to see where all the conflicts are and choose the correct transactions?

Thanks, Jeff
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

There is no way to compare and consolidate transactions between 2 files.

It has never been designed to do anything with multiple Company files sorry.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for setting that straight.

What is a conflicted copy?

This is when two people change the same file at the same time (which happened here)

Dropbox has a process to handle this. You can review it here

Feel free to ask if you would like more information please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, unfortunately the process is just :

If you find a conflicted file in your shared folder, you may want to discuss which changes to keep with your friend or teammate.

I remember in the past I sometimes used QIF to enter information into Quicken, could this be used to put informatino from one version to another, e.g. if different transactions were entered in only one of them? Or if I do a QIF of an entire month, then import it into quicken, is there a duplicate transaction removal function?

You can, but the duplicate transactions you need to delete Manually Jeff.