Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

Im trying to get into Quicken 2013 which I have used as recently

Customer Question

I'm trying to get into Quicken 2013 which I have used as recently as yesterday. As soon as I attempt to enter the first digit of the p/w a message comes up that I entered the wrong p/w and also that Quicken is already running. What can I do? I've already restarted the computer, unplugged it. HELP!!!!!
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXXXX XXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and choose Task Manager.

Look in the list of processes for Quicken and click on it and click End Task.

Do this for each in the list.

Once done, try to open Quicken and let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Quicken is not in the list

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, and try to open it, does it indicate it is open?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so it is now opening correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it's not. Same problem as before!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, and with the error message up, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and go to taks manager

Look under PROCESSES

And you do not see it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I don't. Forget it I'm not getting any results so let's stop wasting time!!!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is there, you are not looking under Processes....

But do the following

Click Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.

Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"

Then click Disable All

Click ok, restart and let me know if it then starts please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No this doesn't work either and I was looking under "Processes" so close out the problem since I'm not getting any satisfaction!!!!!!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, no problem.

Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier.

Go to Click Me

Click the Orange Play button

Download and run the program and click Share

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (eg: 456-789-123)

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is not the computer with the prolem. What is there about "forget about it" you don't understand?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so the fact you did my instructions on the computer that did not have the problem, makes sense why we did not get anywhere.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I followed your instructions on the computer with the problem!!!! Kindly do not bother me with another response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I have to, please do not reply, there is no need.

It was a pity as you were doing it on the wrong computer (you should have done it on the one with the problem)

Thanks and again, please do not reply else I need to reply back.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there

You keep responding.

If you wish for your problem to be solved.

On the PROBLEM COMPUTER

Go to Click Me

Click the Orange Play button

Thank you