Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

Does anyone know why my bank no longer allows bill pay directly

Does anyone know why my bank no longer allows bill pay directly through quicken? They require me to pay bills through their website but this is very inefficient and the transactions are very late to post and do not post with obvious information in the fields. I was considering changing banks when I realized that this may be a global quicken thing.
When I tried to set up bill pay for my other account, they want me to use Quicken Billpay and pay $9.99 per month. So I go to wondering, if I will be able to use my recently disallowed account as well as my new account.
I do not mind paying this $ !!. I just want the functionality that I have relied on for the last countless years. Before I barge into my bank (TD Bank) and drop them, could someone tell me what the deal is ? Is this simply intuit creating a profit center around something they have always allowed for free?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you.

No, Quicken are not dropping this.

It may be an issue with the Bank Account in Quicken (this can occur).

Have you attempted to remove and add the account in Quicken?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was informed by TD bank that they were dropping quicken. They made me drop the accounts and replace them with non-bill pay enabled versions. I tried to set up bill pay on HSBC and it directed me to Quicken Bill Pay, which is a service that charges $9.99 a month and directs money from your account to wherever you send your bills. It is basically a third party (an affiliate of intuit) it appears, and they do what the bank used to do for free.

Maybe Intuit is making banks use there paid service?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, they are trying to draw people to this process for more revenue.

Not the right thing to do Steve, but if your Bank has taken this path, you need to sign up to Quickens service sorry.

I know the main banks eg: Bank of America, have not taken this route (yet).

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.