Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

Having trouble installing QuickBooks Premier 2013 for multi-user

Customer Question

Having trouble installing QuickBooks Premier 2013 for multi-user access on Windows 7. I just want the database manager and the QBW files on one PC, but don't want to use QuickBooks locally. I want to install QB on other PCs and connect to the PC acting as a server. I've put the QBW files on a folder on the server, and ran the DB manager to scan the folder. I also ran the QB File Doctor, which shared the folder on the network. I had previously tried manually enabling file sharing and shared this folder.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

What is the exact issue you are having? Are the client PC's seeing the company file?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi - We were able to resolve our problem today. It involved opening up some TCP/IP ports on our desktop. I won't be needed further assistance. Thanks!
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, no problem