Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

when I download data from my bank or credit card the catagoy

Customer Question

when I download data from my bank or credit card the catagoy for the payment from the bank to the credit card or the receipt of payment for the credit card from the bank always shows with a [bracket] around it. This seems like a transfer but it it not since it is a payment. When I change the catagoy to something else it changes the total in my bank account. Can you help me understand this?  Also, the catagories come in without me doing anything and sometimes they are incorrect, such as coming from a different credit card, can I create or change the catagory to something else?

Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professionals to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professionals can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please just cancel the request. I continued to work on the problem myself and found a suitable answer on my own.

Please cancel the request and refund the $16 to PayPal.

Thanks,

GARY