Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have forgotten my passwords. How can I reset the password?

Customer Question

I have forgotten my passwords. How can I reset the password? I am the owner of this 2011 product. Owner: Jeanne Thomas, 180 Arequa Ridge Dr., Colorado Springs, CO.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.
what product do you need the password for ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have Quicken 2011.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.
Quicken uses many passwords. which one are you having a problem with

there is a password for the intuit website which is needed for registering purchasing and downloading the actual quicken program.

to find that out or have it reset

go to http://www.quicken.com/ click the login button on top. the id will be your email address. You can click the lost password button to get your password and once in you can change it under account management

there is a password to start the quicken program itself. This option is normally defaulted to none. It can be set or changed from within the quicken program by going to

edit / preferences / quicken / startup tab. under start up options

If you do not know that password you need to reinstall the quicken software.

There can be a password to open a particular quicken data file. or to modify it ( seperate passwords ) Those can be set from the file menu within quicken. (if you do not know those passwords you need to use the password removal tool which requires you to know the intuit website password as above )

You can get that tool on this page

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/quicken-data-file-password-removal-tool/GEN83204.html

There are also id's and passwords required to download transactions from your bank. These passwords are set by the bank and you need to log into the banks website to change or recover them. Quicken can store them for you and if they need to be changed in quicken to match a new bank password you do that from within quicken under tools / password vault

In general with passwords it is recomended to have a "secure" password which these days is defined as at least 8 characters at least 1 Cap at least one non cap letter and at least 1 symbol or number