Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

HiI have been using the 2002 version of Quickbooks, successfully

Hi
I have been using the 2002 version of Quickbooks, successfully for several years.
I recently employed an accountant assistant to enter data, and this has been done.
Basically, he was the last person to use the programme (yesterday am).
Later, I went to check the progress, and noticed that:
i. Ctrl Q / All on any Supplier file did not list any entries
ii. My P & L files (for the past 3 years) are just a single line on the screen, saying Total £0.00

Today, I attempted to open the programme, using the settings (U/N & password) as usual.
After typing in the password, and hitting the enter key, I got a warning message, saying there was a potential problem in my data file. With the instruction. 'From the Windows file, chose 'Close All', etc.

This is where I need advice, please

Alan
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

It looks like your assistant corrupted your data file Alan.

We need to do the following to repair it please

In the QuickBooks menu bar, select File and then Utilities > Verify Data.

In the menu bar, choose File and then Utilities and then Rebuild Data.
QuickBooks will prompt you to make a backup. Click OK on this message.

In the Create Backup window, select Local Backup.

Click the Options button and enter a path and folder for the back up.

Do not overwrite any existing backups.

Select Complete verification and click OK.

Click Next.

In the Save Backup Copy window, enter a file name and click Save. Do not overwrite any previous backup.

QuickBooks will start the backup and then automatically start the Rebuild Data utility.

Click OK to the message, "Rebuild has completed."

Than again In the QuickBooks menu bar, select File and then Utilities > Verify Data.

It will resolve the data corruption issue. Let me know if the missing data has then been returned.

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Seems my data file may be corrupted.

But at least I have been able to open the programme, and some previous company backup files.

I will keep you posted

Many thanks upto now

regards

Alan

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The procedure I gave is the best chance to remove the corruption.

But if it is not, then a restore from a Backup file is nessesary Alan.

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you