Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

We have used Quicken for years; a few days ago my wife received

We have used Quicken for years; a few days ago my wife received a notice saying that Quicken 2010 no longer would be supported for bank downloads. She bought (on line) Quicken 2012, but it didn't appear to download fully. I had bought quicken 2012 Cash Manager earlier for my computer, so I installed it on her computer. Her Quicken has two separate files and one of the files has an array of accounts, including her principal chequing account. In the process of conversion, her chequing account has become so corrupted that it displays info and shows dates that make no sense. WE NEED HELP! Harry Rawson

Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

To confirm Harry, at the moment you have 2012 Cash Manager installed correct?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct- 2012 Cash Manager
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

The conversion to this will of been the issue Harr.

First, did you make a recent backup in Quicken 2010?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a portable hard drive that routinely backs up everything; additionally we have Quicken backed up on a travel drive
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

First, you can continue to use Quicken 2010. It is just not supported.

Where the bank downloads still working?

And if you choose, do you want to go back to 2010 or get 2012 downloaded?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We would like to have 2012 working properly since we paid for it twice (download and disc).
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

What is the exact problem when you try to download it?

What error do you get?

Or do you have the 2012 disk with you now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't get an error, when the file was converted (the file has about five accounts) the principal file (chequing) was corrupted during the update process and now shows garbage info
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, have you attempted to restore a backup into 2012?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The software did that in the conversion process. A few years ago we had a major problem with Quicken and one of your techies 'took over' the computer remotely and overcame the problem- can you do that?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but I just need you to restore the backup file now. Can you do this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have restored the file; the account in question now has an icon under the accounts list that looks like a cheque with a printer superimposed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, this will mean there are cheques to be printed.

Does the account appear correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does appear to be up-to-date
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good, then it was just an issue with the conversion Harr.

It can happen, and the best solution is then to restore a backup.

But it will be now be fine and usable.

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.