Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

For some reason my turbotax software will not let me print. I completed my taxes and file

For some reason my turbotax software will not let me print. I completed my taxes and filed them and had them accepted. I started prin and during the printing, my printer died. (note the software completed the print cycle but with the last pages blank. I REPAIRED MY PRINTER AND INNTHE INTERUM (ABOUT 2X fEB) and now the system cannot "gather the forms"and gives error code XXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is Richard.

Where you able to save your Return to your computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My return is saved, and has been accepted (both fed and state) but I cannot get the "gather forms list to work.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, are you able to open the returns?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, how else could I try to save or print?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Open and print it that way.

What happens when you do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As I stated earlier, the computer says Gathering forms, then error message and then the please tell Turbotax about error code XXXXXXXXXXX /p>

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you put a space between the error code number please, as it is blocked here (I only see xxxxxxx) sp make it like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

error code 2 0 8 4 4 4 2 4 9 1 3

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do you have another computer available? I want to do a second installation of turbotax

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you then close Turbotax.

Click Start, Control Panel.

Click Programs, Uninstall a Program.

Click on TurboTax, and then click Change, then Repair.

Let it repair and then restart the computer.

Try to then save and let me know if it will please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I uninstall the program, I will loose all the work and my copy of what I sent the feds and state. How will this help me?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am not asking you to uninstall the program.

I want you to repair it please.

Can you please follow my instructions to repair it.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did as requested and was told cannot repair error code1334, what now should I restart?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, it will not help.

Turbotax needs to be completely uninstalled.

Where you able to at any point save your return?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is saved and I can view the forms, just not print or save print info. How can I save the completed forms if I uninstall? Also will your site let me download my state and the updates again? I feel that the update between the filing and partial print and the fix of the printer damaged the software.

The printer problem was the print head and this could not have hurt software.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You just need to reinstall Turbotax.

First, copy the backup file

Click the Start menu button.

In the Start Search field, type .tax

As you type, matching files will appear in the Search pane.

Make a note of the file's location or path. By default, TurboTax saves tax files in the My Documents > TurboTax folder.

From the TurboTax File menu, choose Open, and then browse to the file's location on your computer to open it. Or, you can simply double-click on the .tax file to have it open up in TurboTax.

Copy it to the desktop.

Then Download Revo uninstall from Click Me

Run it and use this to unistall Turbotax.

Then restart the computer, reinstall.

Load the backup file and print.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to take so long to answer. I have had software people working for me and sometimes I don't getbthe same result as they think they told me. I checked out the prorams and such that I would be using and found them OK. I have installe anew and save porms amn print work ok now. Thank you!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome, it is good to see it working

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you