Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

Can you add a new version of quicken to a windows computer

Can you add a new version of quicken to a windows computer that has an older version with out integrating into the old system. I want to start clean but keep the old one because of reports I might need for IRS or other reasons. I need a fresh start but don't want to lose the old one but don't want any info going into old one.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Yes you can.

Install a new version, but do not upgrade your data file (this is asked during installation)

you can than run one or the other version.

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can please Rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your help. So if I add the 2nd quicken, I can use either one of them and info will not integrate from one to the other, even if accounts are the same.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
As long as they are different version, and you buy the full software (not the upgrade)

Than yes, no problem as they use seperate data files

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Why am I again being told I need to ay for the service when I did pay the $38. and I thought that gave me a trial. Please explain how this works because I feel like I am being taken

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You do not need to pay again, just close the window please to close this out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when I rated you a 2nd time, the window poped up saying I owed $38. again. rhought this was answers to questions on quicken, this is an answer site for anything? i am a little confused. I was on a quicken site and I'm not sure how I got to this answer anything site.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Why are you rating twice?

You don't. You have already rated, no need to do this a secodn time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I also have a Mac computer and was reading snout quicken for Mac. What do you think of this. It did not get very good review and seems that it is not that good. Thanks for your thoughts.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is hopeless, and very badly developed by Quicken.

I strongly advise you to avoid this.

It is not in my interest to say this (as I get a lot of problems come here from it)

But I prefer to give an honest answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your honesty, I really appreciate that. Also, I just checked my bank site and I have 2 charges, $38. whivh I expected and there is another $1. from eanwer. Do you know what this is for?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I dont know how the charges work sorry as I am just an engineer.

Email

customersupport@pearl.com

They can help you with any payment queries.