Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

Can you add a new version of quicken to a windows computer

Can you add a new version of quicken to a windows computer that has an older version with out integrating into the old system. I want to start clean but keep the old one because of reports I might need for IRS or other reasons. I need a fresh start but don't want to lose the old one but don't want any info going into old one.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Yes you can.

Install a new version, but do not upgrade your data file (this is asked during installation)

you can than run one or the other version.

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can please Rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thank you for your help. So if I add the 2nd quicken, I can use either one of them and info will not integrate from one to the other, even if accounts are the same.

As long as they are different version, and you buy the full software (not the upgrade)

Than yes, no problem as they use seperate data files

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why am I again being told I need to ay for the service when I did pay the $38. and I thought that gave me a trial. Please explain how this works because I feel like I am being taken

You do not need to pay again, just close the window please to close this out
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when I rated you a 2nd time, the window poped up saying I owed $38. again. rhought this was answers to questions on quicken, this is an answer site for anything? i am a little confused. I was on a quicken site and I'm not sure how I got to this answer anything site.

Why are you rating twice?

You don't. You have already rated, no need to do this a secodn time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I also have a Mac computer and was reading snout quicken for Mac. What do you think of this. It did not get very good review and seems that it is not that good. Thanks for your thoughts.

It is hopeless, and very badly developed by Quicken.

I strongly advise you to avoid this.

It is not in my interest to say this (as I get a lot of problems come here from it)

But I prefer to give an honest answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your honesty, I really appreciate that. Also, I just checked my bank site and I have 2 charges, $38. whivh I expected and there is another $1. from eanwer. Do you know what this is for?

I dont know how the charges work sorry as I am just an engineer.

[email protected]

They can help you with any payment queries.