Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  10+ years of experience with TurboTax, TaxCut & HR Block at home

Your service stinks

Your service stinks

bkb1956 :

Please give me an opportunity to change your mind. What is your question? I will be happy to try to assist you. Thank you.

Mutual fund company's 1099-B tatates that a Form 8949 has to be used and Turbo Tax is not set upto handle Form8949 andis of no help to me. How can I decifer the 1099-B infor for use with Turbo Tax Delux software?

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I will give the best answer that I can with the information provided.

Please don't be discouraged. Turbo Tax Deluxe (version 2012) does support Form 8949.

However, you will not be entering your information directly on that form if you are in "interview" mode.

In the program, under "Income", scroll down through the categories to find investments. There will be the option to enter information from your 1099B. The program will ask for a description of the sale, the sale price, the cost basis, the sale date, and the acquisition date.

From the info you put in, Turbo Tax will carry these entries directly to Form 8949, and from there to Schedule D.

Here is a little more information from the TT website:

Please let me know if you need more information, and please be aware that you are welcome to ask follow-up questions to your original questions before accepting.
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent
Experience: 10+ years of experience with TurboTax, TaxCut & HR Block at home