Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

RA - 112

Customer Question

Banking screen froze when I tapped the button to download transactions. REads: connecting to Intuit to retrieve info about your bank." This problem started a month ago and I just tried it again after downloading the newest rendition for Mac thinking that would have fixed this glitch. Well, it didn't. XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
thanks,
Louise
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your Financial Software, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I waited last night for three hours, then went to bed. I arose to see that there is still no answer adn would very much like to have one. Please help. Thank you, Louise

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Lindie
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find another expert to assist you. Would you like me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for me to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

I am really sorry about the delay you have had.

Can you tell me which bank you are having Intuit connect to?

And are you using Quicken or Quickbooks? and if so which version?

thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am using Quickbooks for Mac V13.0.12 R13 and just updated this version this past week. I have connected in the past to Capitol One bank prior to this happening. I called the bank and they said it is intuit, not them and I agree. The screen freezes.

Also since the new download, I am unable to send an invoice as an email. Yes, I have Apple email and yes I used to have this capacity just last month. The message from Intuit reads: Email is not support with this version of Quickbooks.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

Please note we are not Intuit, but we support their products (as they have very low support)

When the screen freezes, does the entire computer freeze? Or can you still use the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can still use the computer. HOwever I cannot delete that screen because the red close button is absent.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I double click the header, I can put it aside and still use Quickbooks.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I would like to rule out a corrupted file in Quicken that is causing this.

The upgrade would not fix this.

Can you please backup your data in Quicken and perform a reinstallation?

I would like to rule out the application as being at fault please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I assume that doesn't mean to quit Quicken, then reopen. Do I go find the original disk? If I even have one? How will my date be remembered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

data

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, your Data is your finance data.

You need to make a backup (you should be doing this reguarly)

Have you made a backup before in quicken?

And how did you initially install Quicken? Via download or a disk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Since I cannot find the disk, I imagine I downloaded it on line. Yes, I make backups but also recently, my backups do not always open back up properly and I have had to re-input the data. Ever since I began this version I have had problems.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it really sounds like an issue with the Quicken install that is causing this.

Can you go to www.quicken.com

Sign in (top right) and you see the products you have purchased.

Download Quicken from here (you can re-download any purchased products) and use this for the reinstallation please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I signed into Quicken but there is no record of my purchase. Cannot locate the box/disk either. ;( Now what are my options?

Wait, found it on the Quicken site somehow. downloading it now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, I'm reinstalled. But having the same problem with email adn the frozen screen.

The screen reads: connecting to Intuit to retrieve info about your bank"

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to test with a different bank, or do you only have this one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

only this one.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you check that all email addresses in Quickbooks here https://login.intuit.com/

matches the email address stored in the Company Information screen in your QuickBooks data file.

Let me know please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I found the list of emails on the intuit site, but I do not know how to find the QB data file.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is within QB

Choose QuickBooks Preferences. Then choose My Company. You see it there

Let me know how it goes please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no info there.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you put in your details there please

Ensure the email address is the same as the online account we just checked please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did this to no avail. the message reads: Property/recNum/Entity/fiAccountSettings is too small.

I need to leave now. will be back on this tomorrow.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This error helps show where the problem is

Can you Right click (control+click) on your online account and edit anything in it, save and try to download your transactions please.

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Before the computer even connects to the bank, the message "Property/recNum/Entity/fiAccountSettings is too small." appears.

I am frustrated trying to do this, but still trying I am. I just tried to right click anything and everything to no avail. I called the bank and once I have set up with them, I cannot do so again.

I do not see where it is I can edit my online account in any event.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but you cannot right click on your account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where do I do this?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
in your list of online accounts in Quickbooks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no right click option for that.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hold control (on the Keyboard) + click please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nope, the same list of banks shows up.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, click on them, perform an edit and save please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

"All accounts at this financial institution are already set up to work with Quickbooks.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
understand, but I need you to perform a small edit on them to refresh the data

Can you do this please

this is what I asked you to do the other day but it appears it was not done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no way to edit this page. I called the bank and they say once you are set up, you cannot do it again. and that is also my experience.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I think you are still in the wrong window

You can edit them

I will though opt out

Perhaps another expert has new ideas

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where is the right window then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK then, ARe you sending me to another expert?

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Thank you!

Rachel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would rather go elsewhere for an answer this time. AND I want a refund as well.