Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I Installed new version of quicken but had to unistall and

I Installed new version of quicken but had to unistall and it also uninstalled my old version. I need my old version back, please help me get it back. or please give me a phone # XXXXX I can call you. Thanks Margie
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

If you did it recently you can just do a system restore to before the problem occurred

instructions below *

Otherwise

If you purchased from Intuit directly you can download again for 3 years.

go to https://quicken.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

sign in with the email address and password XXXXX you used when you purchased it

click on downloads and unlocks

That should give you a list of any intuit product that you purchased online within the last 3 years with a download button. Click the download button next to the product that you want and then select RUN.

system restore instructions XP VISTA

start menu /all programs / accesories / system tools / system restore

select restore to an earlier date.

choose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settngs box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.

System restore instructions - windows 7

type system restore in the white search box on the windows start menu and select system restore from the results

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

Robert M., Consultant
Experience: 30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your Expert answered your Financial Software questionI Tried system restore and I got quicken 2007 but not any of my information is in there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your answer did not fix the problem. I still need help. I am at a loss as what to do.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Use the finder to find your data file

just click on that and it should open

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I became so frustrated that I reinstalled quicken 13 and started all my checking accounts over and I no longer require your assistance.. Thank very much for trying. Margie