R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Accountant
Experience:  A member of the Intuit Ask a Tax Expert team and 10 years as QuickBooks Certified Pro Advisor.

Customer Question

depreciation schedule. How can i segergate, with totals ,differant classes of assets
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your Financial Software, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Expert:  R. Klein, EA replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.

Do you have a question about how to enter assets into a particular program? If so, which program are you using (and version)?

Or is your question about how to do a cost segregation in general?

Please respond so that we may assist you further.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you need additiona lnformation let me know. Its important to be able to keep differant assets seperate so I can control totals and transfer depr. to proper operating unit. Please keep looking. For your information I am using Turbotax home and business system.

I apologize, but I don't see an actual question.

Do you have multiple Schedule C businesses? What are you trying to do that you need help with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am using Turbotax Home & Business system What I want to do is enter all of group one assets and get a subtotal, enter group two assets and get a subtotal, and ender group three assets and get a subtotal then a grand total for all the assets If you have and questions please call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX so we can get this question answered. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not sure what I am surposed to say. I have not receised an answer to my question

Unless you purchased all of the assets in a "group" at essentially the same time, you cannot "group" them together in TurboTax.

It sounds like you need additional help. You can call the TurboTax help for free and speak with me or another TT agent.

You'll need to go this page and enter your name and it will give you a phone number:
When you enter assets in TurboTax, it will list them in the order entered. The amounts will be "grouped" by depreciation class on Form 4562 for any assets purchased in the current tax year. Assets purchased earlier are all lumped together, but the depreciation is calculated individually.