Dave the Computer Guy
Dave the Computer Guy, Analyst
Experience:  I have 17 years of experience supporting Consumer and Professional Finance and Tax Software.
70972263

Error PS 107 file unreadable......how do I fix it

Error 1603 and Error 1309 also popped up.
I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your Financial Software, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Lindie
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Keep looking new years day ...good luck

Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Lindie
Hi - you need to provide more information for someone to help you.

What are you doing when you receive the errors?
Which Intuit product are you using?
Which version of Windows are you using?

Thanks,

Dave
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Dave ...thanks......Trying to log on QB pro 2011

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Dave.. Quickbooks pro 2011. Cant log on. Error reads file ps107 unreadable.

Error 1309 crops up

Error $1603 pops up also

Also ......Error loading path:C:users\charles beggs\appdata\local\intuit\synchmanager

Which version of windows?

Are you using payroll?

There is an Intuit Community User claiming copying out the company file and renaming an reinstalling QuickBooks will solve the error. (The assumption being the file that is unreadable in a QuickBooks program file.)

You should be able to test this by opening QuickBooks without opening a company:

1. Press and hold the Control Key while starting QuickBooks to suppress opening a data file. QuickBooks displays the No Company Open Window.

2. Press and hold the Alt key while opening a file to suppress opening windows. QuickBooks will display a blank desktop.

If you don't see the error and see the open company window, the problem is not the program and updating/ installing won't fix the error.

Cool?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tried it and the open company window came up OK. When I tried to open the company the error PS 107 came up again.

Any thoughts??

The company is the source of the problem.

We have three options:
- Restore a back up and rekey any missing information
- Repair the company file with Intuit's QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD) and rekey any missing information
- Start a new company file from scratch

Intuit has an article that will allow you to download the QBFD: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/HOW12723

I usually recommend going to the back up and entering the missing information - it's less frustrating than finding the file couldn't be repaired and then having to restore a backup anyway.
Dave the Computer Guy, Analyst
Experience: I have 17 years of experience supporting Consumer and Professional Finance and Tax Software.