DanielleCPA, CPA
Experience:  Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor & Small Business Accountant

Does QuickBooks maintain a history of deleted transactions?

Does QuickBooks maintain a history of deleted transactions? If so how do I access the report?
Welcome and thanks for your question!

Your best bet is to run the Audit Trail report, found under the "accountant and taxes" section of reports. It will show you changes to all transactions entered during a specified period of time, including deleted transactions. Since it shows changes to all transactions, it may be cumbersome to sort through to see deleted transactions (Quickbooks tells you on the report what ones were deleted), but there is not a report that only shows deleted transactions.

Please let me know if you need further clarification and I will gladly assist you. If this satisfactorily answers your question, please give the answer a positive rating. Thank you and have a great day!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can the report be downloader into excel?

Yes, the report can be downloaded to Excel. If you are running Quickbooks 2011 or earlier, click the "export" button on the top of the report window. If you running Quickbooks 2012 or later, click the "Excel" button.

Depending on what version of Quickbooks you are running, you may also be able to access a "Voided/Deleted Transactions" report. It would be found under the Accountant and Taxes section and can also be exported to Excel.