Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I need a monthly profit and loss statement. I am using Quicken

Customer Question

I need a monthly profit and loss statement. I am using Quicken 2009 Deluxe. It tells me to 'click here' to get a code; and when I do I don't see anything related to my problem.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

there should be a report for that. But i dont think quicken has a "Profit and loss" report as its not a business program. You want the cash flow report or earnings and expenses by category

the get code thing doesnt sound like it has anything to do with getting a report it may mean that the quicken is unregistered and you need to register it. try going to help / unlock again. or give me the exact word for word message that you get please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It says it is for home or office. It says "We're sorry, but we cannot unlock your Quicken software online. Send us an e-mail and we'll send you a new unlock code within 24 hours. If you need immediate assistance, contact our chat support team.

It is registered as far as I know. We did it when it was installed.

Amelia

Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

home and business version does have a profit and loss but you said you were using deluxe they are different versions.

please give me the exact word for word message that you are getting and exactly when you get it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

"We're sorry, but we cannot unlock your Quicken software online. Send us an e-mail and we'll send you a new unlock code within 24 hours. If you need immediate assistance, contact our chat support team."

That is the message and I get it when I go to: reports then down where it says profit and loss comparison.

Amelia

Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

disable your firewall

try going to

help / unlock again

if it used to work the easiest thing might be to run a system restore. It fixes a lot of things like this without having to worry about exactly what caused it.

SYSTEM RESTORE INSTRUCTIONS - XP VISTA
start menu / all programs / accessories / system tools / system restore
select restore to an earlier date

you will get a calendar with various restore points for each day

choose one for a date BEFORE the problem started

hit the ok /restore button

the system will start to shut itself down and a blue status line will come up in a box saying restoring your system settings.

when it finishes the system will restart itself.

hopefully everything will work the way it did on the date you selected