DrQuickBooksnQuicken
DrQuickBooksnQuicken, Quickbooks Pro Certified
Experience:  Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor including Point of Sale & Enterprise (PC or Mac)
48038876

Why do I have to scan a document twice to attach it?

Category: Financial Software
Expert:  DrQuickBooksnQuicken replied 2 years ago.
You shouldn't have to.
You scan it and save it in the format you choose.
You then attach it to an e-mail or a transaction in certain financial software programs such as Quicken or QuickBooks.
You are only scanning it once.

What scanning software, device/all-in-one device, operating system are you using?
What steps do you take to do this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am using windows 7. I am using Kodak ESP C315 all in one printer.
I have also used a HP all in one printer and it did the same. I am trying to attach sales tickets to my invoices. The first time I do it it won't attach. The second time it attaches. If I have another ticket for the same invoice it will attach on the first scan. the scanning software is, Quickbooks Scan Manager powered by Nuance Omnipage. The actual scanning is done by the software with my Kodak all in one.
What year, version, and release of QuickBooks do you have (F2 will tell you that)?
Mac or PC?
Are you using local or online attachments?
Have you confirmed that your scanning software is up to date?
What are your default settings for it in terms of where the scans are sent by default?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Quickbooks 2012, Premier Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition R6P.

Using a PC.

Local Attachments.
Yes I have the latest download of the scanning software.

The scans are sent to C:\users\jane\documents\intuit\quickbooks\scanned

Quickbooks scanning uses Nuance Omnipage V.1
Hmm, that shouldn't be occurring.

Please tell me step by step what you do to scan a document and attach it. I get a feeling that you are doing something wrong or the software is corrupted. I have never heard of this problem before.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I put the document in the scanner and click on the attach button in quickbooks. Thes software opens up and I click on scanner. The scanner software opens and I click scan. It scans then goes to a screen where I can label the scan. Then it goes back to the screen that first opens when I click attach. The first time I do this nothing happens. I do all this again and it shows the pdf file is attached. I can attach other documents to this same invoice with one scan after the first one attaches. If I open a new invoice, I have to scan twice again.

What you have to do if you plan on attaching the same scanned document to another form is when you are in the attachment window, right click and save it to your desktop.

Then create that second form (invoice) and attach it by going to the computer icon and selecting it from your desktop. Not very intuitive if you ask me.

Experience: Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor including Point of Sale & Enterprise (PC or Mac)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This will work but I wish Quickbooks attachments would work right and I wouldn't have to do this. I have talked to Quickbooks help and they don't have a clue. Thanks for the help.
You're welcome. Thanks for the accept. I will also send feedback to them to allow you to access the local stored files folder when attaching.