DrQuickBooksnQuicken
DrQuickBooksnQuicken, Quickbooks Pro Certified
Experience:  Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor including Point of Sale & Enterprise (PC or Mac)

How do I make a profit and loss statement? Balance sheet,

Customer Question

How do I make a profit and loss statement? Balance sheet, Backup on thumb drive
my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to talk on phone
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am still wanting answers to my quesrion.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still waiting for an answer. I must close for tonight. I will check for something tomorrow. Send e mail will be perfect. Thank you Ron Mark
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  DrQuickBooksnQuicken replied 2 years ago.
I can help you run a P&L and Balance sheet.
In QuickBooks, both are under Reports>Company Financial
Just Answer does not offer phone support.
To restore a file from a thumb drive, I will need to know your program.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry I, do not have Quick Books.. I have Quicken. I thought I was connected to Quicken. Can you still help me. What I do on Quicken the two reports are the same.

Donleta

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have Quicken 2012. Where do I go to make P & L. What I have done makes the same report as Balance Sheet.
What version of Quicken do you have?
You can only do this in Home and Business or Rentals.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I folowed your instructions for Profit & LOss. I do not findm Business- company financial. Send further instructions
If you want my help, you need to answer my questions.
I asked you what version you had and clearly stated that what you want to do can only be done in certain versions.

Do you have Starter, Deluxe, Premier, Home and Business, or Rentals?
Please go to Help>About.
What release number are you on

Have you been able to restore your backup file from your thumb drive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have Home & Business. I have Keystone thumb drive. I am not familar with release number. I am not a computer person. Someone else does a lot of this for me. Now I am on my own. The computer shows I have backed up. I have not tried to restore and I do no know if it is on thumb drive. How can I tell?

I also need to get the person back who has been working with me on making a P & L. I may have accidentally answered wrong and they are no longer with me. I need them back.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still waiting.

I see you have Quicken Home and Business 2012.

What year did you create your backups in?

Have you copied them over from the thumb or flash drive to my documents.

What operating system are you using XP, Vista, or Windows 7?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Backup made in 2012 This is for 2011 info

I have not copied them over to my documents. That I do not know about.

Operating system is Windows 7

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still waiting
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me Where to find the P & I then come back to the backup?
Once you have restored your data file, you can find your reports under Business>Business Reports.

To restore your file, copy the entire contents of your flash drive to Documents under the Start Menu. You might want to make a folder with the name Flash Backup.

Then open up your Quicken program. Go to File>Backup and Restore>Restore from your backup and go to your most recent back up file in that folder.

BTW, we aren't on 24/7. You might want to show a little more patient. Experts have families, jobs, businesses, and are helping other customers.
Experience: Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor including Point of Sale & Enterprise (PC or Mac)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. I may not get to try it today. I too have things to do. I will get back to you
Okay. I look forward to your accept if it works for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I accept your answer. Thank you
Great. Let me know if you need any other help.