DrQuickBooksnQuicken
DrQuickBooksnQuicken, Quickbooks Pro Certified
Experience:  Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor including Point of Sale & Enterprise (PC or Mac)
48038876

How can I merger sales receipt and deposit data from one company

How can I merger sales receipt and deposit data from one company to another?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  DrQuickBooksnQuicken replied 2 years ago.
Which financial software program and operating system are you using.
Which data transfer utility?
Why do you want to do this?
Could you be more specific about what you are trying to do?
I don't understand what you mean by "merge sales receipt and deposit data from one company to another".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am using Quickbooks pro 2009. I am using it to for a church. I went to create a year end donation receipt for members and discovered that receipt from march to September were missing. I discovered that there was a duplicate set of data that included the missing receipts and deposit but none of the data since September. So I need merge the company data together.

I tried using "Data transfer utility 9" that was recommended from intuit live community page. One of the company files it will access the other it won't. Something to do with setting permissions, though I have gone through the step they recommend.
I am presuming that you have bought the software and are not using a trial or limited use version.

What Karl Irvin, the inventor of this useful utility probably means is that the preferences in both company files must be identical. You can access them in Edit>Preferences.

I don't know what you mean by permissions. Was that the error message you got. If so, it might refer to your operating system. Which ones are you on? Windows 7 can be a bit difficult on this issue.
Experience: Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor including Point of Sale & Enterprise (PC or Mac)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I was just trying the trial version that I was not able to use. So at this point I have not tried to paid to download the full version. yes I am using Windows 7
What I would do is buy the full version. The trial version is pretty limited. I think it's two transactions.

Karl is very well respected in the QuickBooks community. If you run into any problems, he provides free support for his software during the first 60 days of purchase. It is mentioned on his website.

As for WIndows 7, make sure that both machines are using the same type of user (administrator, standard, power?) to access the machine and QuickBooks. You might try logging in as an administrator for each and then try to use it. That is usually what permissions are about, the ability to access areas and install software on a machine. If you don't have the authority, you can't install the software or access the area.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
i was waiting for an answer. All I have done up to this point was supply background informations. Please continue to provide assistance.
What kind of answer do you want? I told you what you need to do to make this work.

Officially, you can't transfer data between your two files just using your QuickBooks programs.

You can buy and use this data transfer utility to move transactions from one company file to another. The next step is up to you.