How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Paul, J.D. Your Own Question

Paul, J.D.
Paul, J.D., DMV - Legal-expert
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 111605
Type Your DMV - Legal Question Here...
Paul, J.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get a registration all terrain vehicle that we have

Customer Question

How do I get a registration for an all terrain vehicle that we have no papers for?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: DMV - Legal
Expert:  Paul, J.D. replied 1 year ago.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you cannot obtain the duplicate title from the DMV to get the former owner to sign or you cannot find the former owner to obtain duplicate title for you, then you have to go to court. If you cannot get title from the former owner, you have to file a petition to quiet title in court and provide your proof of purchase and any other proof of ownership you have to the court and the court would have to review the documents and issue an order declaring you the owner of the vehicle, which would then be issued to DMV and they would provide title and registration.