How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Chester Your Own Question

Chester, Sewing Machine Repair Expert
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 790
Experience:  Sewing Machine Repair Expert
Type Your sewing machine repair Question Here...
Chester is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just purchased a Brother SE425 in the United States

Customer Question

I have just purchased a Brother SE425 in the United States and will be returning to Australia shortly. Can I take my Brother sewing machine with me and just buy a cord that will accommodate 240 volts instead of 120 volts?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: sewing machine repair
Expert:  Chester replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

Initially, you need a voltage regulator (step down). You can order it here. CLICK THIS LINK.

First plug the goldsource into the main outlet (use an adapter that can be borrowed from the hotel or bought cheaply at any electronic store). Then plug your sewing machine into the goldsource (in front where it says output 110V). At the back of your goldsource, make sure the input voltage selector is set at 240V.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...

Expert:  Chester replied 1 year ago.


I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,