How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Andy PhD DABT Your Own Question

Andy PhD DABT
Andy PhD DABT, Toxicologist
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 135
Experience:  Board certified with 20 years in research or consulting
58853142
Type Your Toxicology Question Here...
Andy PhD DABT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is 1 hydroxycyclohexyl phenyl methanone poisonous to one's

Customer Question

Is 1 hydroxycyclohexyl phenyl methanone poisonous to one's health?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Toxicology
Expert:  Andy PhD DABT replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I looked up this chemical up and could not find much toxicity information about it. All I saw was that it might be used in some cosmetics and in inks that may come in contact with food as well as use as a UV induced curing agent for plastics. What little information I found says that it is not very toxic. There are some reports of tests were it wasn't shown to cause skin sensitization (allergy), skin damage, or short term toxicity. That being said and the fact that is is used to help cure UV-induced plastic formation, I think it likely reacts when exposed to UV light and causes a chemical change in nearby chemicals. So I think the tests that were done were likely done under low UV light environments and so were not very toxic. I wonder if under high UV environments if it would be more toxic. So, as long as you are not getting this on you or in you and then going out in the sun all day, then you probably don't have to worry a lot. There is little data on this chemical, so what I have said is just a guess at this point. So treating this as an unknown, I would say if you don't have to be exposed to this chemical that you shouldn't and if you do, to limit your exposure as much as possible. I might be able to give you more specific recommendations if you could tell me more about how you are coming in contact with this chemical and some more context about why you are coming in contact with it. I hope this helps and if you want a more specific answer, please give me more context about your exposure. Take care,Andy

Related Toxicology Questions