How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Tax Robin Your Own Question

Tax Robin
Tax Robin, Tax Advisor
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 13336
Experience:  15 plus years International Tax Law, Instructor
Type Your Australian Tax Question Here...
Tax Robin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had about $15,000 in losses trading Foregin Exchange over

Customer Question

Hi, I had about $15,000 in losses trading Foregin Exchange over the last financial year, am I am to able to include those losses on my tax return in Australia ?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Australian Tax
Expert:  Tax Robin replied 4 months ago.


If a forex gain or loss is brought to account under the forex measures and under another provision of the tax law, it is generally assessable or deductible only under the forex measures.