Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in fish. I'm sorry to hear of this disaster. Some additional information will help me determine if there is anything you can do. What kind of fish do you have? Did you de-chlorinate the new water when you put it in? Was the new wTer the same temperature as what you took out? How long ago did you do this? Do you have a water test kit? Thank you.
Yes i kept the same tempture i put stress coat and algae control and accu clear i may have put to much stuff in it i took out 70 % of my water and cleaned my gravel i have guppy plattys mollies i took them out and put them in my 10 gallon where i had my angle fish and my parrot fish i put them in the 60 gallon now they ack like there gonna die
Thank you. Do you have water from a city supply or from a well?
City do i need to just take all the water out and re do it
OK. The biggest problem is that none of the chemicals you used will remove chlorine from the water. I'll be back with some information for you as soon as I get it typed up.
The stress coat said it makes tap water safe
Let me check on that.
The stress coat said it makes tap water safe it said it takes clorine out
All right, there are different varieties - the one you used does the job. What was the algae remover you used? Do you have a water test kit? How long ago did you do the cleaning? Sorry for so many questions, but we have to figure this out.
The stress coat said it makes tap water safe it said it takes clorine out i went and got an ammonia test it said it is .25
If you have a water test kit, go ahead and test for ammonia and nitrites, an dgive me the results in parts per million (ppm).
If you don't have one, we just need to do something. Removing 70% of the water at once is too much, and that may have killed off the good bacteria. When that happens, you end up with ammonia or nitrites at toxic levels. This is especially likely if you did the cleaning a day ago or more. The other strong possibility is the algae remover. This is more likely if you just did the cleaning today. It is toxic to fish, and is even more likely to be so when combined with other chemicals. I recommend that you remove half the water, and replace it with same temperature, StressCoat treated water. Don't add any other chemicals. What you can add is a little aquarium salt. Use one tablespoon per five gallons of water.
If these measures don't help, the fish may be suffering from pH shock. The pH gradually changes in old water and the fish adapt to it. when we add a lot of new water, there can be a rapid pH drop, which they can't adjust to. We can't know if that is what happened unless you know the pH of the old water. So, for now, go ahead and do the 50% water change, only add StressCoat, and the aquarium salt. If you have test results, let me know what they are. If you have more questions, let me know in a REPLY. I wish you success.